Friday, November 26, 2010

The Perfect Girly Gift

For this week of gift giving at Lemon Tree Creations I wanted to share with you a simple and inexpensive, yet fun gift for your favorite girly girl.For this jewelry set, all you need is your favorite thin ribbon, hair clasp, pearl beads, elastic and non elastic beading thread, a needle and some bling.First, I made the bracelet to practice. I wanted to know what I was doing when I got around the necklace. First, I threaded the ribbon, then alternating ribbon and pearl, accordion folding the ribbon as I went. (So now that it is obvious that I don't know exactly how to write the perfect tutorial for this...here are some pictures!)Next, I made the necklace using the same method, except I left the ribbon ends long at each end to tie the necklace with.Finally, I made a hair clasp that could clip onto the necklace, or be worn separately. For this I cut 5 strips of ribbon, but only used 4, and hot glued them into mock bow shapes. Then I hot glued them together in a circular pattern. To finish, I glued the crystal bead onto, and the clasp onto the back. Voila! That easy.
Together, the pieces make a perfect pair. What little girl, or grown girly girl, wouldn't love this set in her life? I originally made it as a little gift for my 2 year old Lola, but am already coveting that necklace for myself!What homemade Christmas gifts have you come up with this year? I'll be linking to these parties and hope you will too!

Happy Friday, hope you had a fab thanksgiving!

14 comments:

Beth @ Wiccan Make Some Too November 26, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

The set looks so pretty! It turned out awesome & your tutorial was great!

Unknown November 26, 2010 at 7:11 AM  

I love that ribbon! I have used it for scrap booking many times. What a great set!

Jessica November 27, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

So pretty Patrice! Nice job!

rhr-ozgrkdn November 28, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

I loved,very beautiful!thank for sharing..

Zazu Ta November 28, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

That is brilliant. and looks simple enough to try! Definitely on my to do for tomorrow. :D Thanks for posting this.

becky November 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

what a great idea. i cant wait to try this!

Tiffany November 29, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

This set is so pretty! Nice job! Avery was just looking at it with me and said, "That is so beautiful". Thanks for sharing this!

Kolein November 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

Can I just say, you have the cleanest glue gun!!! Wow!!!

These are adorable!

Visiting from Pam at Becolorful Motivated Monday!!!

Nice to meet you all!

Have a lovely evening!
~Kolein

kitchentableproductions.blogspot.com

Judy @ In His Grip November 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Totally love this and will be making some for gifts. Saved you as one of my favs:o)

Christine {Pure Joy} November 29, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.

Erin A November 30, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

So pretty and girly!! I bet Lola loves it!

Jansie December 2, 2010 at 1:24 AM  

What a brilliant idea. This set is gorgeous. I know I'm going to be trying it! There's so much you could do.

Jennifer December 5, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

Beautiful! I love how you made creating such a complicated-looking and pretty piece so simple. My girly sister will love one of these for Christmas. Also, I featured you on my favorite things roundup today.

Louise Roherty February 1, 2012 at 4:52 AM  

Wouldn't you love to have this made for you?? So so lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails